Get Unoccupied Home Insurance Quotes the easy way. Just click the green button to get started now!
- Cover for all types of properties
- Tailored quotes to suit
- Cover for vandalism, theft and water damage
- Multiple payment options
- Instant cover
If you have a property that is going to be unoccupied for an extended period of time, then it’s vital that you get the right type of cover. While most home insurance policies cover unoccupied property for up to 30 days, for anything longer than this you’ll need a special type of cover known as unoccupied home insurance.
Common types of cover
Below are the common types of cover that are found in a typical unoccupied home insurance policy –
- Building insurance - Building insurance is the cornerstone of any good unoccupied home insurance policy. It will cover any structural damage to your home itself as well as paths, terraces, walls, fences and gates. Structural damage can be very costly to repair and so building insurance is a must for any unoccupied property.
- Rebuild costs - Rebuild costs are the total you can claim for should your property be destroyed completely. It includes clearance, architecture fees, building expenses and legal expenses (where necessary) amongst other things.
- Contents insurance - Unoccupied homes are at significantly greater risk of being burgled so having your contents covered is always a good idea.
Keeping your home safe
Below are some excellent tips for keeping your home safe while it’s unoccupied –
- Hire a housesitter - One of the best ways to keep your home secure while you’re away is to hire a housesitter. A housesitter will essentially live in your home for the period that you’re planning to be away from it. It’s not affordable for everyone but it is an excellent solution where possible.
- Keep a light on - A very inexpensive way to deter thieves or vandals from targeting your home is to leave or hall or landing light on. This will create the illusion that there’s somebody home and will reduce the risk of theft or vandalism significantly.
- Redirect your post - There’s nothing that says a home is unoccupied more than a big bunch of letters pilled up on the door step and in the letter box. To avoid drawing unwanted attention, you should have your post redirected for as long as you’re going to be away.
Get quotes now
If you want to get unoccupied home insurance quotes in a quick and easy manner then you’re in the right place. To get tailored quotes from a panel of unoccupied home insurance providers all you have to do is click the green button below and you can have your quotes within a matter of minutes.