Click the green button to get quotes from a panel of specialist unoccupied property insurance providers now.
- Cover from specialist providers
- Cover for structural damage and contents
- Easy set up
- Flexible payment by direct debit or card
- Instant cover
Hiring a house sitter
If you’re going to be away from your home for a period of longer than 30 days then you need to think about its safety. It’s a known fact that properties are at much greater risk of being targeted by thieves, vandals and squatters when they’re left unoccupied for an extended period of time. Many people consider hiring a house sitter to stay in the property while they’re away.
Although hiring a house sitter this is certainly a great way to make your property safer while you’re gone, it can get very expensive and simply isn’t practical for a lot of people. So what are some other ways you can make your home more secure while you’re away?
Other ways to make your property more secure
- Leave lights on – Leaving a few lights on in your home will make it look lived in and therefore less likely to be broken into or vandalized. If you’re worried about running up your electricity bill then you can get an automatic switcher that turns lights on in your home at certain times of the day.
- Have any newspaper deliveries cancelled - If you get newspapers delivered to your home then you should certainly ensure you cancel them before you go away. Nothing screams that a home is empty more than a build up of newspapers at the front door.
- Have someone check on your home - Having a neighbour or local friend check on your home regularly is also a good idea while you’re away. If it’s somebody you trust then you can give them a key so they can check everything is OK and that nothing has been left on.
- Get the right level of cover - Most home insurance policies will cover your property for up to 30 days when it’s unoccupied. However after that you must get a special unoccupied property insurance policy to protect it.
Get unoccupied property insurance quotes now
Getting unoccupied property insurance quotes is a very quick and simple process. All you have to do is click on the green button below and once you have supplied the necessary information, you’ll then have access to tailored quotes from a panel of specialist providers. Click below to get started now.