How To Save Money on Unoccupied Property Insurance
When you have unoccupied property, getting the right type of cover is vital. Click the green quote button to get quotes from specialist providers now.
- Specialist cover
- Both short and long term policies available
- Flexible payment by direct debit or card
- Instant cover
Unoccupied property insurance is a special type of cover that’s designed to protect your property when you’re going to be away from it for an extended period of time.
Many people mistakenly believe that their home insurance policy will cover them while they’re away but this is usually not the case when the property is unoccupied for more than 30 days. In this case you must take out extra cover.
What types of cover are available?
Below are some of the most common types of cover you can get with an unoccupied property insurance policy –
- Building insurance - Building insurance is the basis of any good unoccupied property insurance policy and will cover your property for structural damage, whatever the cause.
- Contents insurance - Contents insurance is extremely important for unoccupied properties since they’re at greater risk of being broken into. Most types of contents are covered as standard but it’s worth finding out if very expensive items, such as jewellery are covered as this isn’t always the case.
- Property owner’s liability - This will cover you for liability claims if someone were to be injured as a result of your property being unsafe.
What are the best ways to save money?
Below are some of the best ways to save money on unoccupied property insurance-
- Make your home more secure – When your property is left unoccupied for an extended period of time, it is at significantly greater risk of being targeted by burglars and vandals. Therefore any steps you can take to make your home more secure will help to reduce the cost of your insurance. Security lights and a security alarm are both very effective ways to deter criminals.
- Get quotes from multiple providers - Getting quotes from multiple providers is a must if you want to get the best deal you can. Thankfully this is now easier than ever to do…
Get quotes now
If you’re ready to get quotes for unoccupied property insurance then it couldn’t be easier. Simply click the green button below and once you’ve provided the required information you’ll then have access to your quotes which you can compare.